Tuesday, January 06, 2009

tattoos

For through the grace given to me I say to everyone among you not to think more highly of himself than he ought to think; Romans 12:3

I think I could read this every minute of every day and still struggle with it.
I have thought of time to time of getting a tat. My bro-in-law has a tat of the Steelers 'cause he loves them. I have thought of a chili pepper or an outline of New Jersey. Two things that identify me...but I would never do it, to permanent.
If I were to get a tattoo....I would have something like that verse tattooed on my hand or wrist to remind me.....to remind me, again and again.
I could look at my hand...."not to think more highly of himself than he ought to think" and then I would look at my hand again and read; "not to think more highly of himself than he ought to think" and again, and again, and again.
and maybe one day it would work.

No comments: