Tuesday, February 10, 2009

preparing to preach

a good friend gave me this advice; Don't just give good advice, but give good news.

My thoughts turn to Ephesians 6
keep alert with all perseverance, making supplication for all the saints, and also for me, that words may be given to me in opening my mouth boldly to proclaim the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains, that I may declare it boldly, as I ought to speak.

How can we continue to live this life and not speak truth w/o judgment?
I am tired of us seeing others as we see them and not as God sees them. This is the very thing that keeps people away from Christ. When they see Christians being people. God's word calls us to STAND APART from the world.

Every morn is anew

stand separate from the world for this world is not yours

see others as God sees them and not as the world sees them
that words may be given to me in opening my mouth boldly to proclaim the mystery of the gospel,
The mystery is simple...it is Jesus
PROCLAIM IT


No comments: