Saturday, June 02, 2007

Camp Songs

I remember so many songs @ camp.

Singing Someday as a staff song during Elementary I. It was the first time I had ever heard the song and when we (staff) would practice it would blow me away. When we sang it for the campers I had a hard time keeping a dry eye.

Singing Little Red Wagon during campfire. This is a cut loose song....'course it doesn't start out that way.

Hearing camp sing is the kind of thing you might forget about and once you do it again....it blows you away. We have taken many "camp" songs (really just new songs to us) back to the church and started singing them....Light the Fire~~Here I am to Worship to name a few.

When we first did Prince of Peace it was amazing. This was during Intermediate II a coupla years back....what a song. When camp gets this going it is amazing. Brings a BIG tear to my eyes no matter what.

Pretty soon camp will be singing again, in fact I think I hear it now....the voices singing together, to God. Bringing Him glory, letting Him be in them.

No matter your voice....bring it. God loves it.

In Cleveland, Ohio they have the house that rock built~~The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
Right here, right now....You are the house that God built....live it.

2 comments:

mad4books said...

There's NO singing like Camp singing...in fact, my sister and I were *just* talking about the last time we were at Manatawny, and how she burst into tears when she heard the powerful swell of all those young voices joined together in praise...

Anonymous said...

Tate, I'm sorry, but I must disagree with you... I don't think it is possible to forget the incredible sounds of Manatawny singing...

pickles*