Saturday, November 08, 2008

the WORD

“But if serving the LORD seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your forefathers served beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD.”
Joshua 24:15

I recently visited a church far, far away in Pacific Grove, California and then I had recently visited another church two hours north of my home.

I get the same thing everywhere in these churches......they "talk the talk" of scripture---AMEN?
Sure AMEN!

But I think to myself....we all talk this talk of scripture, but do we walk the walk?

Do we actually and truly serve the Lord or do we just say we do?

It would be a no, no to accuse either of these churches or even my own church of being nothing, but words of the bible, but yet, this is what I think....they have the scripture down and they preach it aloud and they hold each other to it---

But the man who looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues to do this, not forgetting what he has heard, but doing it—he will be blessed in what he does.
Book of James

Church you cannot ever get enough scripture and we NEED the word of God in our lives constantly, but we also need to be doers. We need to put action behind the words of God.
God expects it and demands it of us....

How do people know you are a Christian, a believer other then by your words?

No comments: