Wednesday, April 29, 2009

no name

Today someone asked me if, "I see dead people". a reference to the movie "The Sixth Sense". I sold shirts in one of our Philly stores that said .....I see dead people. The shirt did okay, but not good enough to reorder it for the masses.

I often have been known to say that everyone on the train appears to be dead to me. People riding public transportation just seem to have no life and then one day someone said to me....do you think they might see you as dead? Now I try to smile to everyone as I don't want to be mistaken for a lifeless person.

If the heart beats...are you alive, or are you just living? And if you are living....what are you living for?

I for one, am alive--my heart beats wildly, like a branch blowing in the wind.

Do you see the life? The life in me?

The life I have....a gift, a gift from the ONE who truly is the life giver.
You know WHO that is.....I need not speak HIS name.

Be alive, alive with purpose. Alive with a purpose to live for--REAL PURPOSE.

2 comments:

mad4books said...

Purpose! Exactly! I'm not just a mom, just a teacher, just a Republican, just an environmentalist, just a FILL IN THE BLANK...God put me here for a reason, and it's my job to find it...and then LIVE IT!

Here's an excerpt from my Dad's sermon last week, a quote from a Dr. Allen Hunt:

"Most Americans define themselves by what they have or what they do. That is dangerous territory to inhabit. Your life is not defined by what you own, possess, or have. Nor is your life best defined by what you do for a living, whether lawyer, athlete, or auto mechanic.

A part of you craves meaning and purpose. Listen to that voice within your soul. Tune out the voices around you that insist you buy more, consume more, borrow more, and own more. The more you possess, the more you will worry about it. The more time you will invest in caring for your stuff, and the more energy you will spend in insuring it and maintaining it. Your life consists of far more than the possessions you pile up.

Simplicity is your friend, not your enemy."

Have you ever met my dad, Tom Fowler? I'm sorry for you if you have not. Make Chip Hartzell bring him to Camp sometime! They've been friends for ages...

Tater_Pez said...

Dr. Hunt's observation is dead-on & thank you for sharing. I have not met your father....but I can tell he's done a fine job....pass that along for me. God Speed.