Monday, April 27, 2009

prayer

I just don't pray enough. God's word calls for us to be in constant prayer.

Them I found this in one 1 Thessalonians 1
We always thank God for all of you, mentioning you in our prayers. We continually remember before our God and Father your work produced by faith, your labor prompted by love, and your endurance inspired by hope in our Lord Jesus Christ.

always

continually

always & continually

I am beginning to think that the key here is to 1st think of God often....so often that it becomes LIKE all the time and also DO NOT FORGET to let other's know you are thinking of him!!!! and lastly--be an encourager constantly and always. :)

5 comments:

Ashley said...

That is a beautiful way to put it. I think of how I feel when my children want to talk to me, how they love to share their days with me... and that must be how God feels about us.

mad4books said...

Speaking of being "an encourager constantly and always," thank you for this blog!

You absolutely MUST read Philip Yancey's book Prayer: Does It Make a Difference? because it is great...life-changing, even. (I'm a librarian and wouldn't steer you wrong!)

We are in a series on prayer at my church. If you'd like to download a good Abilene sermon (God's Country!), my preacher put up this week's message at:
www.box.net/shared/ep8okt19yv

Tater_Pez said...

Thank you for your kind words....I do not always no if anyone is listening to what is posted and I appreciate you joining me and acknowledging my struggles. I have not read any of Yancey's books, but appreciate the recomendation. I do not read to many books like that...I tend to read a LOT of non-fiction real life stuff. "Dangerous Beauty" and "Same Kind of Different as Me" are two I will throw your way.

mad4books said...

I *loved* Same Kind of Different! In fact, ACU bought a copy for every freshman, our principal gave us 6 hours of alternative staff development for reading it, AND ACU invited the authors for an evening event in Moody coliseum...we made a faculty ladies' night of it!

Thanks for all you do, Tate. (Tate IS your name, right? Your mother certainly did not name you Tater!)

Tater_Pez said...

Yup on both accouts---Tate & Tater

Same Kind of Diff as Me....was sobering.