Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Warren Nelson

Life brings you all kinds of interesting twists & turns.

It has been a rough two weeks for me. Sometimes my job becomes more then a job to me and that's not good, for my job is not who I am.

I have had some alarming accusations made to me and I had to figure out how to address them, how to remain confident and how to do what is right.

1st-- I have prayed and will continue to pray and turn the other cheek for this person who is making these accusations
2nd- I will not lie even if it costs me my job...period.
3rd- Warren Nelson is "hungry"

Warren lives at 30th St Station in Philly he is one disgusting looking and living person, but he is a person nonetheless. I mean this guy truly lives right on the NE corner of Market and 30th right across from the Septa steps. Everything he owns which I would consider beyond trash usually lays right at the lamppost on the corner.
I see Warren pedaling for money quite often. Today he was inside 30th St Station, cup extended and we talked briefly. I then asked him his name and he didn't quite hear me...."hungry" was his response....I asked him again, "no, your name, what's your name", "hungry" again, was the reply and then I looked even deeper into his eyes, "no, your name sir", "oh" he replied, "Warren Nelson, Warren Nelson" came the reply. "Warren Nelson" I replied and extended my hand as he took mine and firmly gripped and shook it as our eyes never left each other.

sure I don't always do what is right in this world. I don't need your approval for what I write or for you to see me with the poor or the rich.

I just need to share my heart sometimes....not sure if this is always the place, but I know this for sure: PSALM 56 Be gracious to me, O God, for man tramples on me; all day long an attacker oppresses me; my enemies trample on me all day long, for many attack me proudly. When I am afraid, I put my trust in you. In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I shall not be afraid. What can flesh do to me?

No comments: