Friday, April 27, 2007

Camping Sessions are coming

There are few things in life that I prepare way in advance for every year. Camp is one of them. We have started preparing for talent nite....actually we hope that the powers to be (directors) will go a step further and allow us an hour to perform on Friday nite.
As I travel the train to work this AM (PHI to WAS). I am again struggling with who I am am and my purpose. I truly try to inspire people in all walks every possible minute that I can and see our lives here as, but a mist and yet right now my job has time flying by at incredible speed.

Back to the music at hand--- I think we have a solid three songs we will be working on with maybe 2-3 more in the works. I am a music lover, but let me tell you....singing praises to God with or without an instrument is one of my favorite pastimes.
I recently started songleading @ my church and it is exhilarating...it took a while to get past the nervousness of singing, but all the while remembering that I was with family made it easier.
Some of my faves to sing:
Here I am to Worship
Shout to the Lord
Listen to Our Hearts
Step by Step
How Great Thou Art
Prince of Peace
I learned Prince of Peace from a pretty cool fella @ camp a few years ago; Monty Tuttle and family. When we geared up the kids to sing this it was some of the most beautiful singing ever.
It could bring a tear to your eye....all this being said let me add some scripture to your day:
And the blind and the lame came to Him in the temple, and He healed them.
But when the chief priests and the scribes saw the wonderful things that He had done, and the children who were shouting in the temple, "Hosanna to the Son of David," they became indignant and said to Him, "Do You hear what these children are saying?" And Jesus said to them, "Yes; have you never read, 'OUT OF THE MOUTH OF INFANTS AND NURSING BABIES YOU HAVE PREPARED PRAISE FOR YOURSELF'?"

Children GET God....become childlike with Him!

No comments: