Saturday, April 14, 2007

the one thing that i know...

Arms nailed down, are you telling me something?
Eyes turned out, are you looking for someone?
This is the one thing, The one thing that I know.
Blood-stained brow, are you dying for nothing?
Flesh and blood, is it so elemental?
This is the one thing, The one thing that I know.
Blood-stained brow, He wasn't broken for nothing.
Arms nailed down, He didn't die for nothing.
This is the one thing,
I caught Jars of Clay last nite in Philly. Quite often dubbed as a Christian band. I like what the lead singer expressed to an interviewer once a little better then agreeing with the label of Christian music.
Dan Haseltine said: "our songs ... [are] not really there to explain our faith," but are "written about our life that is affected by our faith."

No comments: