Wednesday, December 24, 2008

O' Holy Nite

O Holy Night! The stars are brightly shining, It is the night of the dear Saviour's birth.


IMAGINE-- The scene above is not the scene of the Chirst's birth. The Lord was born in a manger all pretty with hay and friendly barn animals just like when you go to the petting zoo....it's the picture I have, I doubt it is accurate.

I imagine much like His death, His birth was not in a plesant environment. Jesus was born dirt poor, literally.

And to think of the poor....think of them. They are so thankful for everything.

Tonite like all nites is holy. When you know Jesus, you know the poor and when you know the poor you know that every nite is holy.

Peace on earth comes from knowing Christ; may you know Him.

2 comments:

mad4books said...

What a lovely post! I've been on the road this Christmas (seriously SICK of traveling!) and am just now catching up on all my favorite blogs.

This post is one of my favorites so far...thank you for reminding us that our Savior was a baby, a child, poor, and even a "criminal" put to death on a grisly cross...and is it any wonder that he encourages his followers to care for children, the needy, and those in prison?

P.S. Yes, I loved your post so much that I will overlook your use of the word "nite." Your REPEATED use of "nite." Ugh. (I will overlook it, but if it happens again, I will be dropping a line to your former high school English teachers!)

Tater_Pez said...

Thank you for your comments. I stuggle with not using the word "nite" and also "lite". I just love them so much more then the traditional spellings, but I never knew if they were truly appropriate or not. I am going to need to think about this msome more. I recently purchased a book called- Clean Lighter Sentences in an effort to improve mt grammer. I hope that knowledge helps!!!